October 7, 2009

I am so fortunate . . .

As my friends know, I NEVER lock my door.  This afternoon I was taking a nap, I awoke and went to my computer to check email.  A few minutes later Leslie T, came around the corner and said I am on your patio having a drink—so I joined him. He had let himself in, saw I was asleep and decided to stay and have a drink (bourbon) from the corporate bar. We had a fabulous conversation about the state of the world, Michael Moore's new movie and much more.  Everything was spontaneous.  This happens at my home over and over again.
DOES ANYONE ELSE LIVE IN SUCH AN EMBRACING SITUATION?

When I am sick or want to hide and I do lock the door they will use their key, let themselves in, check on me and leave.  Can't feel anymore cared for than that.

When I am on vacation they stop over and have a drink, pet and feed my cats and sit around and BS.  The bar is always open.

What a privilege to live in such a caring community.  Others point to us as unique.  We are!

My home is always open.  It came from my parents.  When I was in high school, my place was where me and 12-20 of my friends headed most weekend nights.  Mom and dad would be up playing cribbage, we'd all gather and talk, they would go to bed, we would turn off the lights and neck.  We never went to anyone else's home.






I know that I am loved, accepted just as I am, and  part of a community that cares.














1 comment: